Stempra 2018: Press Officer Training Day
20 March 2018
Roll up, roll up – Register for the Stempra Press Officers Training Day 2018
Date: 20 March 2018
Time: 09.00- 17.30, then drinks until late.
If you’re new to the world of science press and media, or working in STEM PR and communications and want a refresher of best practice, Stempra’s annual training day is for you.
Stempra’s Press Officer’s Training Day is a one-day event designed to:
- Give you the tools of the trade
- Open up a discussion about best practice in the industry
- Give you an insight into emerging trends or issues
- Give you the opportunity to hear from and meet experienced press officers and journalists
- Help you build a network with fellow STEM PR and communication professionals from across the UK
The final sessions are yet to be published, but topics to be discussed include:
- Careers in STEM PR and communications
- How to effectively use statistics in press releases
- What are the key elements of responsible science communication
- STEM PR and the effect of Brexit
Once the programme, confirmed speakers and post-event pub venue have been finalised, we’ll update you via our Twitter account and the Stempra newsletter and mailing list.
In memory of Dianne Stilwell, a bursary is available to provide financial support to attendees towards accommodation or travel costs for those who would otherwise be unable to attend. For more information, please visit the Dianne Stilwell Bursary webpage. To apply, please get in touch: email@example.com