Press Officer Training Day 2017
21 March 2017
If you’re new to the world of science press and media, or working in STEM PR and communications and want a refresher of best practice, Stempra’s annual conference is for you. Stempra’s Press Officer’s Training Day is a one-day event designed to:
- - Give you the tools of the trade
- - Open up a discussion about best practice in the industry
- - Give you an insight into emerging trends or issues
- - Give you the opportunity to hear from and meet experienced press officers and journalists
- - Help you build a network with fellow STEM PR and communication professionals from across the UK
The programme and exact timings for the 2017 conference are yet to be finalised, but there will be sessions on:
- How to pitch your story
- Media training and crisis communications
- Statistics and how to use them correctly in your media work
- Managing expectations in research
- Social media
- Meet the journalists
The Press Officer Training Day is free to attend, but only open to Stempra members (not a member? You can join us for just £15 a year). Register online now.
A post-event social at a local venue (tbc) will follow, so if you're travelling from afar and want to come for drinks, please take this into account.
Once the programme, confirmed speakers and post-event pub venue have been finalised, we’ll update you via our Twitter account and the Stempra newsletter and mailing list
In memory of Dianne Stilwell, a bursary is available to provide financial support to attendees towards accommodation or travel costs for those who would otherwise be unable to attend. For more information, please visit the Dianne Stilwell Bursary webpage. To apply, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: The full programme is available on the Event Bright page.