Creating excellent communications partnerships
12 November 2020
This event is being held in partnership with the Healthcare Communications Association (HCA): please register for the event through their event page here.
Many healthcare organisations share common goals and agendas that ultimately help to improve people’s lives. The HCA has joined forces with Stempra to bring you an event on communications partnerships.
During this panel discussion, you will hear views from a patient association, academic journal, NHS Trust, industry and a communications agency about the key factors of successful communications partnerships and some of the challenges they can bring.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions and learn from examples of excellence.
Speakers to include:
- Liz Burtally, Senior Manager, Science Media Team, Cancer Research UK
- Bethany Baker, Senior Media Relations Manager at PLOS. Beth works at PLOS, Cambridge. PLOS publishes seven scientific journals and Beth works to communicate upcoming research to journalists, as well as building relationships with organisations which share PLOS’ goals.
- Joshua Gardner, Research and Innovation Communications Lead for Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. Joshua’s work covers six NIHR facilities, Northern Pathology Co-operative (NPIC) research project and the whole research and innovation activity at the Trust
- Harry Brady, Director, Vaccines Policy and Communications, MSD
- David Kyne, CEO, Evoke KYNE
- Rob Dawson, Chair of the Stempra (the STEM PR Association) and Director of Communications, Advocacy and Support at the Meningitis Research Foundation and Communique award Judge for the ‘Excellence in Healthcare Partnerships’ category.
- Mike Dixon, HCA CEO and independent communications consultant
Approximately 24 hours in advance, you will receive by email a link with details about how to access this event. We use Zoom as our digital platform. Zoom also has Android and iOS apps which can be downloaded in advance should you wish to participate using a mobile device.
N.B. Please ensure you have registered at least 24 hours in advance in order to receive login details.